When you find it hard to have conversations with your friends and family, don't wait until the hearing loss is permanent. Here at ENT and Allergy Associates of South Georgia in Valdosta, GA, we can assess you for hearing aids to enhance your quality of life.
Signs of Hearing Loss
If you experience any of the following, visit our Valdosta, GA, office immediately to learn about the benefits of hearing aids.
- Ringing in the ears
- Constantly raising the volume on the radio or television
- Frequently asking others to repeat themselves
- Muffling of speech or sensitivity to sounds
Types of Hearing Aids
There are many different styles of hearing aids. To determine which type is right for you, we will perform a physical examination of your ear and ask questions about how you understand sound. Common types of hearing aids include:
- In-the-canal - known as the smallest types of hearing aids, fit partly or entirely inside the ear canal.
- In-the-ear - a little larger, these fill the outer part of the ear and are slightly easier to handle.
- Behind-the-ear - all components of this hearing aid are inside a small plastic case that rests behind the ear.
Which Hearing Aid Type Is Right For You?
Hearing aids come in different shapes, sizes, and styles. Determining which type is best for you depends on several factors like whether your hearing loss is mild or severe. Once we perform an audiology test to identify your causes and symptoms, we'll make sure that you are comfortable with your hearing aid selection. We may also suggest a trial period so that you can test out your new hearing aid at home and make sure that it meets your needs.
At ENT and Allergy Associates of South Georgia, our professionals can discuss which type of hearing aid is best for you during a consultation. We will review your health history, perform an examination of your inner and outer ears, and may conduct a series of tests to determine your sound quality. For more information about hearing loss and other services provided, visit our website. For questions or appointment scheduling, please call our Valdosta, GA, office at 229-244-2562.